[lit-ideas] Re: Paying taxes for months on end

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 11:42:56 -0400

>A.A. You defended tooth and nail pharma's right to rip you off, and now you
>put the same energy into hating government.  I think we need more light,
>less heat.

"Pharma" is a private company. THE GOVERNMENT is supposed to be accountable
TO and representative OF the people whom they represent. They ARE NOT
supposed to be feathering their own nests, which, in my estimation, they
seem to do a whole lot too much of. The government is beholden to me.
Private corporations are not. Again, I HAVE NO choice when it comes to
government's rules and regs. I DO have a choice when purchasing drugs
(remember, I live in Canada where we DO have alternatives to gouging "big
pharma").

paul