[lit-ideas] Re: Paying taxes for months on end

  • From: Brian <cabrian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 10:58:12 -0500

> Tax freedom day in Canada is some time in June (I seem to remember) and
> it doesn't bother me as much as you might think.

I have no idea how much it would bother you.  You might enjoy living
in a welfare state.

   I know that a lot of
> my money is boondoggled, but it also pays for decent health care for me
> and all my 62 million neighbours.

Decent to poor is generally the consensus I read and hear and I think
I'd call the health care system itself a boondoggle.  The debacle of
treating health care as a right.

  (Canadian health cards, by the way,
> fetch a pretty penny on your side of the border.)

Really?  I can't imagine why.  Even in the frozen tundra I guess the
grass looks greener on the other side.

~Brian~