[lit-ideas] Re: Paying taxes for months on end

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 10:50:46 -0400

Did you read the link I sent?  Probably not.  As I recall, you also support
pharma's right to rip you off and don't say a word against the tax that
they're imposing on you. It's they're right to do that.  Regarding raising
taxes and getting less for it, have you noticed that the candy bar that
used to cost 50 cents now costs 99 cents and there's less in it?  Is that
not a tax?  Likewise did you notice that the car that you used to pay
$12,000 for is now $25,000?  Is that not a tax?  Where are the complaints?
Government costs money to run like everything else.  Why are you so
surprised and outraged you're getting less and paying more there?  The
answer is to get rid of government, or pare it down close to zero for you
to keep your money.  Would you want that, and how would your life be
improved if that were to happen?

Medicaid,