[lit-ideas] Re: Paying taxes for months on end

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 11:17:56 -0400

AA: What world do you live in?  Public servants make a fraction what corporate
>heads make.

EVERYONE makes fractions of what corporate heads make. I'm beginning to
think you're jonesin for corporate head.

I live in a world where public servants, who work FRACTIONS of the year can
vote themselves obscenely high wages (over 6 figures) for basically doing
nothing with very little or no accountability - i.e. they can tell
bold-face lies with no repercussions until the next elections. They have
two residences and a lovely expense account to pay others to do all their
work. If they survive just the first re-election, they can retire on a nice
cushy pension. I also live in a world where the civil servants make 18
bucks an hour for sorting mail. They can make 75,000 a year for directing
traffic and eating donuts in a small town. They are NOT hurting.

paul

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada