[lit-ideas] Re: Paying taxes for months on end

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 12:20:32 -0400

>This is going nowhere.  Private sector greed is justified.  Public sector
>spending is not.

No. Neither is 'justified', but with one I have a choice as to whether to
participate, on the other, I DON'T.

>You won, end of discussion for me.

Whoopee!, Yeaa HAW!!!! WOOOOOOOO. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! The great Amago has
admitted [mock] defeat in a two-sided argument.

>I don't get your last statement, though.  The U.S. is a third world
>country because of ... ?

I'm equating "social services being eliminated" with "USA" and your
admonishment for me to 'take a look at a third world country. IN the grand
scheme of things, I don't think America rates very high on the 'social
services' ladder. My question was... is THE USA a third world country? I'll
change it to "is the USA in danger of BECOMING a third world country?"

singing along to Devo,