[lit-ideas] Re: Paying taxes for months on end

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 14:11:24 -0400

>The really interesting statistic is, our medical accident rate is
>exactly the same as yours.   (I was amazed!, I thought yours would be
>smaller.)
>
>But here, even fewer cases make it to the courts, because it's almost
>impossible to implement no win/no fee here.)

Still more interesting [possibly] is that when I went to see a lawyer about
possibly suing the doctors for jerking me around -- we don't have
contingency fees here for lawyers -- they told me that I could almost
definitely win the case, but I would have to pony up $35,000 for him to
even think about starting work on the case. Methinks our drs and lawyers
are in cahoots. Needless to say, I didn't sue. If only I would have been in
a low-income group, I could have gotten free legal advice, nah, probably
not for medical malpractice.

thinking that life is just not fair, but reasonably happy anyway -- today!

paul

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada