[lit-ideas] Re: Paying taxes for months on end

  • From: John McCreery <mccreery@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 22:32:48 +0900

On 2005/05/28, at 22:09, Phil Enns wrote:

> John McCreery wrote:
>
> "the Gestapo ..."
>
> Godwin's Law.  (One of the few contributions of Usenet to society.)
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

So make it the Cheka or the KGB or the FBI acting under current
provisions of the Patriot Act. The reply is unresponsive to the
critique. Do you, in fact, believe that might makes right? If not,
please explain.

Or try this one. I am a mugger armed with a Glock. I demand your
money or your life and plainly have the power to take both. Do I have
the right to?

John McCreery