[lit-ideas] Re: Max Boot

  • From: joerg benesch <jgruel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 23:08:56 +0100

Eric Yost schrieb:
We can easily agree on that point. Military power is only one element of national power. Diplomatic power is equally important.
Let's call it a starter - but don't tell me, tell dubya; it's rather Chairman Mao than you that he's following: who said that political power comes out of the barrels. However, I still fear that it covers your idea of "diplomatic power", too...
"Mus uni non fidit antro."
Those barbarians are getting smarter and smarter every day: right now, they've achieved to quote Plautus, I say, what will be next? There are rumours they are planning to do something suspicious about logic, and there's intelligence they're building centrifugues in order to enrich liberalism. Time to send the Special Diplomats in.

joerg
from Suebia