[lit-ideas] Re: Max Boot

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 13:23:43 -0500

Joerg: I've come to hate you killers, and I've sworn to piss
your legs whenever I can

Eric: That's your real motive, isn't it? Unfortunately
you've missed my legs and are merely pissing in the wind.

Your "we Germans have no reason whatsoever to be grateful to
the politics of the USA in the last century" is both comic
-- in terms of your two world wars -- and consistent with
what I said  about making your culture the way it is.  The
comedy continues in your attempt to compare US actions to
Hitler's.

How about this, Joerg? In twenty years, with the added
historical distance, we may find common ground.
Unfortunately, by that time, we may also have grown too
old and rigid to change our tunes ... though our present state
doesn't bode well either.