[lit-ideas] Re: Max Boot

  • From: joerg benesch <jgruel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 03:32:54 +0100

Eric Yost schrieb:
>>In modern Europe, advocating and rejoicing the killing of human beings is seen as barbarous, very few do it in public, and not for long. Which does not mean that we don't have effective ways of dealing with terrorism over here. On the contrary.

In a way, that's the USA's fault. We made your culture that way ... helped you rebuild, swaddled you in nonaggression, secure from a Soviet assault, full of the moral superiority because you had an older brother to fight your fights for you. Now that the USSR's gone, you don't need us at all and can thumb your nose or, more aptly, place index finger under eye.
You can't make a pussycat - while many individual US-Americans deserve to be met with gratitude for their solidarity after wwII, let me state it very clearly that Europe, and we Germans in particular, have no reason whatsoever to be grateful to the politics of the USA in the last century.

>>Before any further discussion, please answer the very simple pending question first:, namely, what exactly is it that distinguishes your current administration's "aggressive national self-defence" from that of the Nazis, mutatis mutandis, that is.

Here are some differences:

1. Nazi racist eugenics;
2. Nazi empire building;
3. the US Constitution;
4. completely different intentions;
5. severe legal restrictions on US military action*.
I see. You don't want to be serious about this. Let me tell you you're being very silly - I know Lawrence will tell you you're being - er - logical, I got neiteher time nor nerves to take this serious.

Here's a refresher timeline:

Hitler elected Chancellor on January 30, 1933; the Reichstag fire was on Feb 27,
goering did it; 9/11
and on March 23, Hitler seized dictatorial power.
patriot act - shortly after, dubya bltized afganistan & mesopotamia, for no legal valid reason whatsoever (they were hanged for the same crime at Nuremberg)
Boycotts on Jewish stores started April 1. Government supported book burning commenced on May 10. First concentration camp opened in June.
Guantanamo? and the other KZs?
Other political parties were outlawed on June 14.
you win - don't think you like the leftists seize the houses, learn from Adolf and jail them...
Germany quit the League of Nations on October 14th.
Colin Ribbentrop lying  to the SC...
In 1935,  Nuremburg Laws went into effect, denying Jews citizenship.

The US has done nothing comparable to that, nor will it ever.
So whence those millions of corpses? - look, I'd rather talk Platon. or Schopenhauer, or Kant. But I've come to hate you killers, and I've sworn to piss your legs whenever I can Ah, America! Ah how I feel listenng to that shit strange to like to be Humphrey Bogart pissing McCarthy's leg