[lit-ideas] Re: Max Boot [Iraqi firing at US aircraft]

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:04:19 -0800

Eric wrote:

Robert "offered to pay a nickel per incident to anyone who provided
evidence of Iraqi ground fire against US aircraft patrolling the
'No-Fly Zone,' and elsewhere between the end of GWI and GWII."

Is that "incident" ratio a nickel per SAM fired at US/UK jets, or a
nickel per single sortie? Sometimes Iraqis fired 8 or more SAMs per
single jet sortie. And does triple-A count as much as a SAM?

It hardly matters. I've apparently been kicked off the list for admitting that I was wrong about something, in clear violation of the list guidelines. Luckily--or unluckily--the freelist software has more than made up for it by subscribing me to All War, All the Time (playsoldier.org).

Robert Paul,
who gave at the office