[lit-ideas] Re: Max Boot

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 21:22:19 -0500

Joerg: ... over here, someone with your "world-view" would easily qualify as a neo-Nazi, and be banned from public life: that's not a "clash of cultures", it's just drawing the line between civilisation and barbarianism.

Eric: I let this pass too easily, so redux.

Let me get this straight: in modern Germany, if someone advocated killing active terrorists, they would qualify as neo-Nazis and be banned from public life? That can't be right, can it? If that's what you really meant, it's almost too weird and fascist for a reply ... almost.

If that's the case, you Germans are totally [insert Anglicism for traditional expletive] bonked. Might as well just lubricate yourself and bend over for any and all militant killer scum who threaten you. That's so sad. A whimpering end. Being someone's jailhouse punk in the name of civilization. Es ist wirklich traurig.

If I misconstrued what you wrote, and it seems certain I misconstrued, you should correct me. What, exactly, in your opinion, qualifies as neo-Nazi about my world view? Or are you the Hammer seeing me as a Nagel?