[lit-ideas] Re: Max Boot

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 15:28:24 -0500

>>You write about the bear in the orchard, certainly one of the best posts I've read on this list. Then you write with a malicious turn of the lips about vaporizing people, as if there hasn't been enough of it. Where does the love end and the hate begin I wonder and when somebody says the war is over will you stop hating in that moment?

I don't see the conflict. When at war, be at war; when at peace, be at peace. My love would have no edge if my anger had no voice. My sympathies are with the West and with the well being of my friends.

So, no, there hasn't been enough vaporizing of Islamist terrorists. There's always room for more of that. When al-Qaeda rescinds its fatwa on killing Americans, I will rescind my desire to see them vaporized first.