[haiku-web] Re: Porting the website theme to Drupal 5.7

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 21:32:06 -0700

On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 20:39 -0400, Curtis Wanner wrote:
> > Well, if somebody creates a PDF for the coding guidelines, we can
> > certainly make it available online.
>
> I would imagine I would need to review this with the guys on the development
> list first.

Maybe the documentation team? Maybe there is a way to generate PDFs from
whatever tool they are using for the Haiku docs? Niels?

> >>Maybe I just need to upgrade my hardware and run in
> >> higher resolution. :P
> >
> > That may help. Please note that while we strive to target as many users
> > as possible, our website stats do show that an overwhelming majority of
> > visitors use high resolution graphics.
>
> Well, I'm typically running 1024x768 at the moment.

You should be OK for the most part then. But if not, could you provide a
URL where you have problems at this resolution?

> > > Alright, again maybe my issue is more related to content than
> > anything else.
> > > I have been developing some ideas for that, but it will take some
> > time.
> >
> > Can you share with us a snapshot of our ideas and their objectives?
>
> Well, this is more ideas in the realm of tutorials (i.e. learning to program
> on Haiku) and specific topics (i.e. specific driver programming).  Some are
> ideas discussed or covered in the past, but I believe some more structure
> and cohesiveness (aka sense of direction) is needed first.  Then there is
> the "Getting it Done" part.

Can you be more specific as to what the website -- specifically, he
development area -- would require to meet the needs of what you have in
mind? I am genuinely interested to know.

Cheers,

Koki