[haiku-web] Re: Porting the website theme to Drupal 5.7

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 20:38:11 -0700

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 01:03 +0100, Remi Grumeau wrote:
> Well... since it's an HTML website, anybody can easily "save as" the
> page, which would include CSS, JS and HTML structure. Ok, for a Drupal
> use, it could then be a bit of work to reintegrate the whole thing
> into a default installation but this is possible.

Sure, but there is no need to volunteer for, facilitate or encourage
such use, is there? :)

> So not to release a public theme on a Drupal theme website, i'd rather
> would give a free download access to a predone Drupal install with the
> Haiku theme preset for anyone who want to create a Haiku related
> website (for a BeBug, a local translation or a bebits-like website).

This would make no difference unless it is done within the context of a
HUG strategy for the whole project, with clear guidelines of what the
artwork is made available for the what the intended/allowed uses are.
Since there is no such a strategy yet, for the time being I would only
make it available upon request and on a case by case basis.

Cheers,

Koki