[haiku-web] Re: Porting the website theme to Drupal 5.7

  • From: "Curtis Wanner" <katisu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 20:39:03 -0400

> I think you are referring to the fact that wide graphics placed in the
> body column can overlap with the right side column boxes when the
> browser window is not wide enough.
>
> If that's the case, then yes, this is a problem with the current theme;
> at one point (a long time ago, I tried to fix it, but we never able to
> (lack of skills). The brute force way to do it may be just wrapping the
> main content in a table. We could try this hack at least as a temporary
> measure.

Sounds like the problem I was referencing.

> Well, if somebody creates a PDF for the coding guidelines, we can
> certainly make it available online.

I would imagine I would need to review this with the guys on the development
list first.

>>Maybe I just need to upgrade my hardware and run in
>> higher resolution. :P
>
> That may help. Please note that while we strive to target as many users
> as possible, our website stats do show that an overwhelming majority of
> visitors use high resolution graphics.

Well, I'm typically running 1024x768 at the moment.

> > Alright, again maybe my issue is more related to content than
> anything else.
> > I have been developing some ideas for that, but it will take some
> time.
>
> Can you share with us a snapshot of our ideas and their objectives?

Well, this is more ideas in the realm of tutorials (i.e. learning to program
on Haiku) and specific topics (i.e. specific driver programming).  Some are
ideas discussed or covered in the past, but I believe some more structure
and cohesiveness (aka sense of direction) is needed first.  Then there is
the "Getting it Done" part.

Curtis