[haiku-web] Re: Porting the website theme to Drupal 5.7

  • From: "Curtis Wanner" <katisu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 22:41:28 -0400

Nielx wrote:
> Okay, here's what I'll do. I have a mercurial repository that is
> password protected. If you want to look at the theme, or help work on
> it, let me know. Send me an email with a preferred user name, and why
> you want to access the theme. CC this mail to Jorge, as he's the theme
> author. If he approves, then I will give you an account and point you
> to the location.

Pardon me, I've decided to reply to this on the list at the moment for
discussion purposes.

In addition to wanting to familiarize myself with the current setup and
seeing if I can help with modules updates, I have some issues with the
current site.  I would like to set up my own test site (aka dev environment)
to work on ideas.

1.  The problem with the gallery in IE6 is not the only occurrence of this
problem.  There are several articles that do this in IE7.
2.  IMHO the development section isn't in the best format for developers.
It feels too bloggish.  While I understand part of the issue is that content
also needs to added and improved, the current set up just doesn't feel
right.  Definitely eats up too much paper if you print documents directly
from the site.
3.  In general, I feel that some of the site layout needs improvement.
Perhaps some use cases need to be developed.

In general, I question the "one theme for all" solution. IMHO the current
theme seems more geared towards the general users and community and not so
much for developers. If anything, I would think the waltercon
(http://waltercon.haiku-os.org/ ) site theme lends itself more to a
developer site.

Curtis