[haiku-web] Re: Porting the website theme to Drupal 5.7

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 15:44:58 -0700

On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 22:55 +0100, Niels Reedijk wrote:
> Hi gang,
>
> I started a port of the Haiku theme to Drupal 5.7. Check out
> http://www.nielx.com/haiku/ for the current status. Note that this is
> a clean Drupal install and as such is very cold.

FWIW, we have a "shijin" theme for Drupal 5.x being used in
norcal-hug.org. I can provide you with the files if you want to look
into it.

> The porting instructions are at http://drupal.org/node/64292 and I'm
> still working.
>
> Anyway, how private is the template code? I would like to keep track
> of changes in a Mercurial repository and I would like to publish this
> in a hidden (but not secured, closed off) location in the haiku-os.org
> domain. Can I do that, or do we need more security measures?

As (one of) the main authors of this theme, I hope I have a say on
this. :)

I would be reluctant to put the theme up for anyone to grab. The reason
is that this theme is also part of our identity, and if anyone can take
our theme and use it, then we risk diluting the Haiku brand. Even open
source projects (such as Ubuntu, and even Drupal) take this position and
do not release their website themes, and I think it would be the wise
thing to do for Haiku.

Cheers,

Koki