[haiku-web] Re: Porting the website theme to Drupal 5.7

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 05:43:53 -0700

Axel Dörfler wrote:
"Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As (one of) the main authors of this theme, I hope I have a say on
this. :)

I guess you'd be the one ;-)

I would be reluctant to put the theme up for anyone to grab. The reason is that this theme is also part of our identity, and if anyone can take our theme and use it, then we risk diluting the Haiku brand. Even open source projects (such as Ubuntu, and even Drupal) take this position and
do not release their website themes, and I think it would be the wise
thing to do for Haiku.

If we have our theme freely available doesn't mean that you may use it freely, too. Especially not the graphics parts of it; they can have the same restrictions as other parts of the brand.

Yes, but if you let the cat out of the bag, it is impossible to police. I imagime that is why projects like Drupal, Ubuntu, etc. do not release their theme, which I believe is a very wise move. :)

Cheers,

Koki