[haiku-web] Re: Porting the website theme to Drupal 5.7

  • From: "Niels Reedijk" <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 09:13:24 +0100

2008/3/18, Curtis Wanner <katisu@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

>  Niels wrote:
>  > I started a port of the Haiku theme to Drupal 5.7. Check out
>  > http://www.nielx.com/haiku/ for the current status. Note that this is
>  > a clean Drupal install and as such is very cold.
>  >
>  > The porting instructions are at http://drupal.org/node/64292 and I'm
>  > still working.
>  >
>  > Anyway, how private is the template code? I would like to keep track
>  > of changes in a Mercurial repository and I would like to publish this
>  > in a hidden (but not secured, closed off) location in the haiku-os.org
>  > domain. Can I do that, or do we need more security measures?
>

> On this same note, do we have a current list of modules and other items that
>  would need to be updated?

I am compiling an archive of all non-core modules that need to be
upgraded. I have also started porting the theme. You can find a first
attempt at http://www.nielx.com/haiku. I have not yet found all
modules, but I'm getting there. As soon as that's done, the primary
link issue needs to be fixed in the theme (the logic changed)

>  I'd was also thinking of setting up a test site myself (most likely offline)
>  to try and do some work (if I break it, I can fix it easier).  It would be
>  useful to have a copy of the theme and I don't believe I have direct access
>  to it.  I assume the current plan is to stick with the current theme for
>  awhile.

I intend to finish the quest for modules this week, and then I will
have a list of steps we absolutely need to take to migrate the website
to Drupal 5. Then I suggest we take that to the haiku test domain and
try fine-tuning all the configuration steps.

Niels