[geocentrism] Re: The Sun/ Comment & question

  • From: Alan Griffin <ajg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 19:09:58 +0100

On 09 Aug, Dr. Neville Jones <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry, Alan, but there is absolutely no way that you can bounce a laser
> off an 18-inch-square piece of aluminium that was supposedly placed on
> the surface of the Moon by Armstrong and Aldrin. Just the physics of the
> World's atmosphere show that to be impossible, even if you could get a
> laser beam anywhere near it. (You seem to have been overly influenced by
> the television-based science fiction that was on a few months back.)

        Your knowledge of physics "of the world's atmosphere" seems to be
very different from other peoples'!

        It isn't an 18 inch square of aluminium. It's a set of right-
angled prisms which bounce the light back along exactly the same path as
it came in by. Their size had to be carefully calculated, so that the
reflected beam would spread out enough to hit the receiving station (which
is the same as the transmitting station) because it moves a considerable
distance owing to the movement of the earth in its orbit, and the rotation
of the earth, in between sending and receieving the laser pulse.

        My brother tells me that there are several observatories at
different sites on earth which reflect laser beams off the moon regularly
at weekly intervals. You can't dismiss cast iron facts about science.
Still, it proves that you are no scientist.

> The photographs purportedly taken on the Moon, were undoubtedly taken in
> a studio, as anyone who has done studio portrait photography will attest
> to.

        And there are plenty of people who will attest they were taken on
the moon!

> I, for one, not only question the Apollo programme, I completely deny
> it. And as for being called "an idiot," that does not bother me - you'll
> have to try harder.
>
> As for radar ranging, that MIGHT be possible with the Moon, but not for
> anything else. Even little strips of tin foil tossed out of an aeroplane
> will completely botch up radar.

        Again your knowledge of physics is far from comprehensive!

        Alan