[geocentrism] Re: The Sun/ Comment & question

  • From: Alan Griffin <ajg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 21:47:28 +0100

On 07 Aug, Jack Lewis <jandj.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear Alan, How do we know that the radar ranging is accurate? I stuggle
> to believe that radar can be used in this way.

        Oh come on! Radar has been in use since the 2nd world war!
You send an incredibly high power radar pulse out, and it reflects back
off the object you're looking at, and when it returns you see how long it
has taken to do the double journey, and work it out by distance = speed x
time.

        They do the same with laser beams to the moon, reflecting it off
the reflector which the astronauts from Apollo 14 left on the moon for
that purpose. They can measure the distance to the moon to within a
millimetre!

        I'm told that there are some idiots who claim that man has never
landed on the moon, and that all the photos were taken in a studio!
Well the laser reflector proves conclusively that they did land, because
it is used practically every week by astronomers.

        Alan Griffin