[wisb] UW Arboretum, Dane County

  • From: "Charles Henrikson" <ckhenrikson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisconsin Birding Network" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 16:45:33 -0500

I birded the arboretum from 7:15 to 10:15.  It was a clear, sunny and calm day.
 It was about 20 degrees when I started but warmed to about 40 by the end.
Highlights:

Saw my first female Red-winged Blackbird

Saw a pair of Eastern Bluebirds going in and out of the birdhouse by the
parking lot

Saw a male Brown-headed Cowbird "falling all over itself" while displaying for
a female

A pair of Eastern Meadowlarks stopped momentarily in a tree in Longenecker
Gardens

The male Wild Turkeys are really strutting their stuff for the females

The Cedar Waxwings were eating the reddish buds/flowers on a maple tree

My eBird report is appended below.

Good birding to all,

Chuck Henrikson
Madison, Dane County