[wisb] UW Arboretum, Dane County

  • From: "Charles Henrikson" <ckhenrikson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisconsin Birding Network" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 11:12:48 -0500

I birded the UW Arboretum from 7:10 - 10:00am.  The sun was out initially but
then it clouded over.  It wasn't very warm, about 30F.  There was a breeze from
the northwest.
Highlights:

More Eastern Bluebirds have arrived.  I saw 13 on Longenecker Gardens.  It was
great to hear their song.

The four Tufted Titmice seemed especially loud and vociferous this morning.

My FOY bird was one lonely Brown-headed Cowbird sitting in the top of a tree in
Longenecker.

I saw 1 Song Sparrow on Longenecker and the other sparrows (1 Song, 6 American
Tree and 5 House) at Ho-nee-um.

My eBird report is appended below.

Good birding to all,

Chuck Henrikson