(VICT) Re: Off-leash?

  • From: Megatartix <megatartix@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:57:00 +0200

Sehila and all,
It's very normal to let animals run free here in=20
Italy. There are more restrictions in cities, of=20
course, but you can still meet the odd dog off=20
leash. I hate that, though. I would never let my=20
dogs off leash in Milan, although I used to do=20
that years ago, when it was safer, and only in=20
extremely controllable and controlled situations.
We have off leash areas (I wouldn't call them=20
"parks"), but my dogs always refused to set foot=20
in them, as they're very dirty. Moreover, since=20
humans can't get into the enclosures, I would be=20
scared to death to think that Pretty might meet=20
some nasty creature and have a fiht!
She isn't the aggressive type at all, but you never kow with dogs...
Cheers,
Ollie