[triadtechtalk] Re: Armando and Howard: Re: AVG Anti-Virus System Main Page

  • From: "cabehogan" <cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 18:25:15 -0500

> Clarence, you've given me a lot of information;
unfortunately, I hardly have
> a clue of what you are speaking of.

Sorry if I was not clear enough, but will try to
explain if you have specific questions!

> I do know there is an update of OE of
> which you speak. Is it free?

Yes, it is OE6 and comes with IE6 which is free,
but I do not know if you can get OE6 seperately,
but you should be able to type it in Search and
come up with something maybe!

> Also, how much uninstalling is involved in
> these things.

None, if you install it over IE6 beta as I did or
IE5, 5.5, but it is recommended that IE6 beta be
reverted back to IE5 or IE5.5 as I had said
before, I just got in a hurry and didn't do it and
it worked for me!

> Also, I do not have my Windows 98 disc and
certainly don't
> want to go any higher since I hear so many
problems with the new Windows
> versions.

BUMMER!  Sorry about that and don't know what to
tell you on that, but Chuck might!

> I am not interested in trying any and everything
I see and hear
> about because I realize my limitations and only
want the things that allow
> me to use my computer in what I consider a
fairly conservative (that may not
> be the term I am looking for) manner. That takes
more of my time than I am
> willing to give anyway.

I can understand that and more power to you!

> Rebecca

<MDTSBW>

.......clarence.......