[triadtechtalk] Re: Armando and Howard: Re: AVG Anti-Virus System Main Page

  • From: "cabehogan" <cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 11:39:56 -0500

> Howard, these error messages just became
disruptive in the last ten days and
> no settings have been changed so I doubt that
the Security settings is my
> problem. Something has happened to my computer.
I use Outlook Express 5. At
> times I am not even able to click on a message
without getting these error
> messages. I have so little knowledge or even
ability to understand much of
> what I am being told, but I somehow envision a
cumulative effect causing
> even more problems unfolding.   Rebecca

Hi ya' Rebecca!

Looks like your computer caught the same bug that
I had recently from all that you describe!  Maybe
IE6 will fix yours like it did mine, but of course
I can't guarantee that, but it did work for me as
I predicted and after the install of IE6, be sure
to go to Find and type in *.pwl and delete
whatever shows up (which was only one in mine, but
may be more in yours)!  One little secret...if
things don't begin to work better after the IE6
install, then reinstall Win98 and give it a few
days and it should be fine then, at least that is
the way I worked it out!  Also be sure to check
for conflicts/sharing, problem devices, etc., in
msinfo32 and also check System Properties under
the Device Manager tab for any yellow signs with
the "!" inside, OK!

Rots-o-ruck!.......clarence.......