[triadtechtalk] Re: Armando and Howard: Re: AVG Anti-Virus System Main Page

  • From: "cabehogan" <cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 16:58:55 -0500

> 1-boot to a dos prompt.... to do so hold the F8
key down as you are booting
> your pc and it should come up with a choice of
booting in safe mode and a
> couple of other methods... using the arrow keys
scroll down to boot to dos
> prompt and hit enter

> 2-it will then come up showing a flasdhing  C:\
prompt

> # at that point simply type scandisk    your pc
will then preform a scan disk
> and if any errors found repair them at the end
you will be returned to a
> C:prompt

Now I gots a question Chuck!  Does this scandisk
option take 6 hours to run on a 20GB disk as does
the scandisk in Start/Programs/Accessories/System
Tools/scandisk?

> 3- when you are back to the C: prompt  type this
RXACTLY as it is here noting
> the spacing etc     scanreg /fix          then
and hit enter this will scan
> and repair your registry  when it is done it
will inform you of such and
> again return you to a c:prompt.... II then
reboot my mahcine and have found
> it usually has corrected my problems

Does not RegClean do the same thing?  I run mine
at least daily and anytime I install or uninstall
a program or encounter any other problem during
the day, which is rare now days thankfully!

> again this is a Microsoft recommended tool
buitlin to winodws but not made
> fully known to most people.... Chuck... in OK

I have know about it, but thought the others were
doing the same job!  I also run my Norton's Disk
Doctor anytime I install or uninstall a program or
encounter any othe problem during the day and so
long as it finds nothing, I still run scandisk
once a month as preventive maintenance!

.......clarence in TN........