[triadtechtalk] Re: Armando and Howard: Re: AVG Anti-Virus System Main Page

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 13:40:22 EDT

In a message dated 9/15/2001 11:37:13 AM Central Daylight Time,
davisrb@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> directions for uninstalling

basiclyy all uninstall is the same procedure.but at times you might have to
go into the registry and delete a few entries.... especialy ones for the
spyware trash.. they are written to be totally recalcitrant about being
removed....that is one main reason why I make sure any program I use does not
contain any spyware....and anymore it doesnt make a difference even if you
buy the program ... it may contain spyware as I recently found out about my
soundblaster live sound card.... files it installs contain spyware and I paid
near 80 dollars for a piece of hardware ,installed it in my sons pc and lo
and behold.... neat little file named "newsupdate"... and it wasnt any news
update but spyware ....and once again... in my experience I have found that
loads of the "free" pograms arent so free as they have hidden unwanted
features such as the spyware stuff..... thats how they make it "free". they
get paid for advertising banners etc or you find loads of spam ads in your
email.....some of them even mine your adress book and then have new people to
send their spam to..... I know I seem to be preaching.. but darn it. how do
you think this trash is allowed to go on? simply because its "free".. but a
price is paid unknowningly....
      just looked at Gator site... GOD.. that is asking for instant
disaster....for me.. I mange my passwords on a 3x5 card file.... dont have
anything that could be cpomprimised on my pc except my programs....
nothing.... why take chances as I dont feel that for me I need to keep all
that info where it can be lost or stolen thru some cruddy company.... and
only passwords I have are those for my websites such as MSN or yahoo and the
like.... nothing  ever that realtes to any of my financial info is ever setn
out online ever... and I do buy on line,but always make arrangements and send
in a cashiers check  so payment can be stopped if it looks as if hanky panky
is being played.... and only once did that occur and that was with Yahoo
upgrade source.com site.... so it may take a few extra seconds for me to
check my card file for a password.. but time is all we have really..... and I
have all the time in the world.....besides that I have my own method of
shorthand per se  that I use when writting my passowrds etc on the cards....
 but that is my thoughts so..... Chuck... in Ok