[triadtechtalk] Re: Armando and Howard: Re: AVG Anti-Virus System Main Page

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 21:27:51 EDT

Clarence.. no it doesnt take hours to use this method of scandisk as it runs
under DOS.. simple and easy and no it is not the same as regclean.. this
FIXES your registry .. it searches for correct entries and corrects them if
they are not... again simple to use and works and is a part of the windows
systems and is what is termed a poweruser tool... and it is described in many
of the books about these versions of Windows .... and they do work great....
I also use regcelan but it cleans out errors in only a few places of the
registry,not the complete registry..... and I use a few other programs also
but they can be bit complex  in their use... I found Nortons system works to
have some problems at times so have stopped using it.... I use Nortons
antivrus only now and use a program form ONTRACK as it also has data recovery
capability builtin along with a rescue setup and virus checking feature that
can be run under dos just incase of a nasty getting in on me... and Nortons
didnt catch it,but so far that hasnt occured..... knock on wood I guess.....
              Chuck.. in Ok