[triadtechtalk] Re: Gator!

  • From: Juanita Kimble <jkimble@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 17:09:04 -0500

> one thing I find extremely confusing... there is a mass of identiy theft
,yet > it seems it is such a BORE to fill out a form... and insted one will
go and
> use a program that keeps all the personal data on ones computer with the
> great probablity that it may be comprimised by someone.... answer me why
is
> that?... every state is now required to eliminate using Social security
> numbers as drivers license numbers,banks are not requiring the social
> sequirty on checks anymore and all and more about the same thing every
where
> you look.. but gee willy here we go just stuff it on your pc and let some
> cyber kiddy suck it all up since a major percentage of folks dont have the
> proper security measures installed and functioning on their pc..... is
this
> due to being so super busy that a few seconds cant be provided for ones
> personal security or is it a keeping up appearances thing?.... the more
info
> you have on your pc and the more programs like these are being used the
more
> intrusion attempts will be made.... think about it.... if there is no
> persoanl data on ones pc then why would anyone want to get in other than
> simply mess it up.. that isnt any thrill to a cyber kiddy.. but if he can
> mess over your life then he has accomplished something.... and will brag
> about it.... and his chances of being caught? next to nill.... think about
> it..... Chuck.. in OK

Chuck  I agree with you 101 percent. After gator I don't trust any of them.
I was just curious to go to their page and read what they have to say. My
curiosity has gotten me in more trouble than any one other thing. For
instance I forgot you aren't suppose to download anything from M$ unless you
go to their home page. I got one e-mail that pointed me to a page. I went
there it. It looked  Just like M$ page. It said If I wanted to make my
computer safe to DLL  this. First it uninstalled  everything I had installed
from update page. Then it DLL for 20 minutes. When it got through I did not
have Out Look. All my commands read tree, limbs, trunk stumps, leaves and
etc. Let this be a lesson for those of you that don't know. If you are
curious it sometimes gets you in big trouble.