[triadtechtalk] Re: AVG Anti-Virus System Main Page

  • From: "Howard" <bint@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 10:24:56 -0400

> Here is another Free-AV which I use on another 1 of my PC's. This one =
> offers updates automatically.
> I hope this link works for you Rebecca.=20
>  http://www.grisoft.com/html/us_index.cfm

> Best wishes, Armando.

Rebecca;

I also use this anti virus on win2K. For personal use, all you need is the
free version which is pretty easy to set up. As I use a dual boot setup on
my machine (win98SE and win2k), my Nortons Systemworks 2000 Pro will not
work with win2K, so I looked around for something temporary to use on win2K
until I update to a higher version of Nortons. This AVG free edition
(available in Armando's link above) will work with win 98 as well. The first
time I scanned both of my hard drive partitions with AVG, it found 39
infected files on the drive protected by Nortons. While I have had great
sucess with Nortons, obviously, something got past it. A click of the mouse
and it was repaired. You can set it up to scan all drives daily at whatever
time you wish. If your computer is left on all the time, it can scan in the
middle of the night. You can also set up automatic updates.

Howard
bint@xxxxxxxxxxxx

---