[triadtechtalk] Re: Scandisk ( was a bunch of other things)

  • From: "cabehogan" <cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 18:50:14 -0500

> Hey Clarence .... you must have the "Thorough"
box ticked (or surface
> test). That checks the hard disk for physical
problems. Normal scandisk
> takes at most 2-3 minutes (unless a problem is
found). Untick that puppy
> and watch scandisk do it's thing in a hurry.

Correct Howard on the monthly scandisk, but on the
Drive C Properties Norton Disk Doctor, that only
takes 2-3 minutes and yes I also do a "Folders
only" every once in awhile which only takes a few
minutes!

.......clarence.......

> >Now I gots a question Chuck!  Does this
scandisk
> >option take 6 hours to run on a 20GB disk as
does
> >the scandisk in
Start/Programs/Accessories/System