[triadtechtalk] Re: Scandisk ( was a bunch of other things)

  • From: "cabehogan" <cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 21:18:18 -0500

> > Hey Clarence .... you must have the "Thorough"
box ticked (or surface
> > test).

> that is partly true.. when it comes to that
portion of sacan disk it usually
> asks if you want tyo do a surface check and a
chance to end it there which
> should be done... but with the thorough box
checked it checks all your files
> completly.... leastwise it does ask me on my
machine when I do a scan disk
> under windows.. but I also first use
ctrl-alt-del to close off everything
> except systray and explorer..... and do have the
througoh box checked..

Correct, which I do and it then gives me a report
all but the surface check, but when I run the
thorough test, I use EndItAll, which is much
quicker than the Ctrl-Alt-Delete method and it
shuts down everything but systray and explorer
automatically...nice little program!