[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: coyotes

  • From: "Jim Ealy" <jhelee929@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <GSD0110@xxxxxxx>, <Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 12:49:02 -0500

> Our problem here is feral cats... they eat my birds at my bird  feeders.
The
> cats feel my bird feeders are their feeding station  too.

That is our problem in Michigan.  I wish we had some more coyotes here to
take care of the feral cat problem!   I have never had the trouble with
stray dogs as I have with cats.  They tease my dogs at the fence, the are
using my flower beds for a litter box, tearing up my garbage and spreading
it all over and laying under the shrub by the bird feeders.  We have
neighbors who will feed the stay kitties  saying, " it's not my cat but he
looks so hungry".  If you feed it, he/she is YOURS!!  Then you have the ones
you say that they need to be out and stretch their legs and play.  Yeah
right. The feral cats have done more to harm the small game animals and
small game bird populations than anything else has.  As we looked out the
kitchen window last week, we were sooo happy to see 3 of them trying to make
more, sigh.  Has anyone ever had luck catching cats in a live trap?  Reply
in private.
Lee Ealy
Michigan
owner of 2 very spoiled house cats!!