[ SHOWGSD-L ] coyotes

  • From: BeauChienFarms@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:57:08 EST

All this talk about coyotes, I just had to say my part. I live in NY.  My
neighbor called me today and told me one of my dogs was out of the  kennel and
in my field behind my horse pasture.  I was stumped as to  how one had gotten
out so I went out to check who was running in the  field. Right at the end of
my horse fencing I saw a big huge coyote slowly  walking past the horses and
going from my neighbors woods across the open field  and then it disappeared
into a part of my wooded property.  I was surprised  how slow it moved and it
kept looking towards me because my dogs were barking at  me while I was
standing
there looking at it.  I know the deer population  has declined a lot in the
ten years that I have lived on this farm. There used  to be a lot of deer taken
every hunting season and I know hunters that have not  taken a deer in at
least two years.  Most used to use up all three  or four permits by the end of
opening day. This is the third  coyote I have seen in the past two months.
BUT,
never has one been this  close to my horses or kennels.  Pretty scary.  I sure
hope it finds  somewhere else to dine tonight.   Darcy Rombough