[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: coyotes

  • From: BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx
  • To: kenpuglisi@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 20:16:44 EST

In a message dated 1/27/11 4:45:39 PM, kenpuglisi@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> I called the Dept of Agriculture about the coyotes.  They told me to bait
> them, shoot them & bury them.  Sounds mean and cruel but......They will
> kill
> puppies and young dogs and climb fences to breed your bitches.
> Denise

That would depend on where you live as to how and IF you can control
coyotes.   Before anyone does that they should check with their local Dept of
Agriculture.   I live approx 30 miles northwest of Chicago (we have a lot of
forest preserves surrounding our community) and we have some coyote problems
BUT are not allowed to harm them as they are protected.   Laws are different
in various locations so it would be wise to check to make sure you aren't
breaking any ordinances.
Regards,
Pat

any post.