[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: coyotes

  • From: "Wayne Ewart" <shephaven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 14:46:23 -0400

How's it going, eh
Well I don't know what the coyote's are like in Hollywood or anyplace else
much for that matter, but up here they are nothing like the scrawney little
things we used to see on TV chasing ground squirells on the prairie.Up here,
these suckers are big, and bold. It is believed that over the years they
have interbred with Timber wolves. Some of them that we see are as big as
our GS's. A 26" coyote is not that uncommon up here.
They can bring down a full grown deer or even a moose if the situation is
right.
If we see one, we shoot it. If we don't, and the food supply holds out, next
year there will be 10 of them.
So far, here on the Funny Farm, we havn't had any trouble with them, but
sometimes at night we can hear them and we see their tracks at times in the
back field. I keep a loaded gun in the back bedroom at all times with the
window unlocked.
That is the only way we can deal with them.
Wayne