[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Nationals

  • From: Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, zanebgsd@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 07:28:25 -0800 (PST)

Hi Zane,
I have to disagree with you on the movement part. The movement has gone
straight downhill along with the correct type and sexual characteristics.
In reality, it's almost hard to finish a good moving dog anymore as they look
too different and the judges eyes are becoming trained to accept the lack of
correct  outreaching sidegait. Sidegait is a part of correct Shepherd type.
Any breed that looses it's strong males and feminine bitches is doomed to go
downhill. This has happened in other breeds and it takes many generations to
get it back. I would say that the breeders need to save the big, substantial
"doggy" bitches as  they are what will produce those more masculine males.
Do you have availabilty to videos of dogs in the past? Even 5 years ago?
Look at Specials then compare.
I would also guess that the quality in Beaumont was less than usual due to the
small entry.

Joan