[ SHOWGSD-L ] Nationals

  • From: "Helen Franklin" <helen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 19:45:28 -0700

Sent: Sunday, October 22, 2006 11:36 AM
>To: lebrowngsd@xxxxxxx; Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx; cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx;
>showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Judging Procedure - or lack of
>
>I was not there, I can only read what is posted by those who were.  First of
>all, I was a bit put off by Helen's constant posting prior to the Nationals
>with regard to judging.  I felt that to be in very poor taste by someone who
>would be the Judge.  I did not have special entered but under the
>circumstances (as I have read them to be) I would have been most upset to pay
>the price to show to this judge then not even get a good look as it appears so
>many good dogs fell into that category.  Yes, it is her decision but some
>discretion should be used by the judge to at least let all feel their entry
>was deemed worthy and considered.
>
>  We should all remember, as so many times it has been pointed out to us on
> this list, as members we VOTE and those votes determine the results.  The
> membership voted for this particular judge to be their choice for intersex.
> So at this juncture I guess the old saying be careful what you wish for would
> be most appropriate.  Patty Downing
>
>          Abraxas...The Secret of Success is Consistency of Purpose
>  Visit our website at www.abraxasgsd.com
>  Signers Breeders Code of Ethics/Member GSDCA,Inc.& GSDCA-WDA
This post was from someone who took much unneeded time in judging.  Further,
his best friend and neighbor won.  Did you see some of the pictures...yee
gads...ugly!!!!  Also very faulty!!!  Going away is important!  Look at the
films of the top winners.  Faults of gait are very serious!  The standard.  If
you want to attack me, be prepared for my replys.  I thought last year was a
disgrace in bitches.  You fault someone who KNOWS a good dog....how sad.
Helen