[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Nationals

  • From: "Donna Jourdan" <donna183@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>, <pamswan02@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 14:47:07 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sheila Lieberman" <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>

> That sounds like a good way to make the National more even, and regardless
> of what we might want to say we see, more fair to the dogs.
>
>  But I expect it would lengthen the time, or we would have to have 9
> judges so that dogs, bitches and intersex all had 3 judges.>

let's not forget that the National (as are all point shows) is governed by
AKC Rules and Regs, which does not allow "panel judging"...the only time you
usually see this at an AKC event is in a "Tournament of Champions" or a "Top
10" or "Top 20" event...

Donna Jourdan/WINDSWEPT
Chinese Shar-Pei & German Shepherd Dogs
donna183@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx