[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Nationals

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <marhaven@xxxxxxx>, <DestinoGS1@xxxxxxx>, <dir@xxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 16:49:41 -0800

 Nationals

 There is no perfect solution, but we need to try and improve the enviroment
that we are in. If we were at a specialty show, we would suffer and go on.
What makes the National so different that we can't handle it?  JMO  Mary

Paul asks...

OK...Ms. Mary...put on your thinking cap. You all asked the National be cut
and we cut it by a day. The St. Louis site is not more than 30 minutes from
the airport, many if not most of the hotels and restaurants are within 20
minutes of the site, and entries at the site have always been good. Herding,
tracking, agility, obedience, and the Working dog sport all seemed to be
pleased.

How can we make this site better or what will make a better site? We are
voting for sites some 3 years out as I type because it is a major task to
put a National together.

Everyone mentions Canada fondly...as do I. That said Canada's National isn't
as large or does it serve as many venues as the GSDC of A. No knock
there...juz straight truth. I actually posted earlier I felt a similarity to
Canada in St. Louis this year. Everything seemed to go smoothly and people
were happy.

Still...we want to do all we "possibly can"...to make every year a better
year. (Thanks Joan for your timely post on Da Hilton).

As the wise reporter once said..."Inquiring minds wanna know"...(but only
the membership can help to write the story)

Paul