[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: NEW STUD DOGS to CT

  • From: WyMarGSD2@xxxxxxx
  • To: epeningt@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:29:22 EST

In a message dated 12/15/2004 7:22:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
epeningt@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Exactly my POINT.  None of the stud dog owners or bitch owners getting
> ready
> to do a breeding get on the list and extol the merits of particular
> studs...it is just not allowed.  But it seems as long as the dogs are from
> German blood lines it is OK.  Dawnmarie  promotes German dogs just like
> Frank Tate did and this list is just not the place to do it.  I'm not
> against German dogs, but I am against 'bite work'.  Too many people who have
> no idea what they are doing want a dog that they can command to attack.  I
> think German shepherds are naturally protective and don't need to be taught
> to attack human beings.  That sort of think should be left in the hands of
> professionals (police, military, etc.)  The average person has no need (only
> a want) for a dog like that and I don't think it is something the majority
> of people on this list are interested in.

see this is a good post..  you are obviously mis informed about the
protection phase of the bitework in the sport of schutzhund.. see i have an
AMERICAN
MALE  that i started in the sport.. and he knows the difference between the
sleeve and reality, why.... beacuse he is of SOUND TEMPERAMENT... how do i know
this?? because of the work i do in protection.   i also know this because of
daily life...  i can almost tell you exactly what my male would do in most
situations that i have observed..

do not be afraid of folks who are willing to open their minds to other areas
of the GSD.   my goal is to produce a healthy, strong temperament, higher
drive american line.. i am going to do this with a good american line mixed
with
some german  GOD WILLING  :)

ellen, an open mind is a wonderful thing..  try it, you may see the true
person and what their intentions are.. not just what you think it is

best!
Dawnmarie