[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: NEW STUD DOGS to CT

  • From: "Steve Grainger" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "WyMarGSD2@xxxxxxx" <WyMarGSD2@xxxxxxx>, Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx, campaigners@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:21:19 -0600

I don't get what you are saying, but let me give you an analogy..If I watch
brain surgery brain surgery on TV..does that make me a surgeon?   Does
watching brain surgery on TV entitle me to call the surgeon up..tell him a
better way to do a lobotomy...suggest where he should make
improvements..all based on watching..and never doing? Grant you..dog
breeding is not brain surgery, however the analogy is applicable. In
Germany..one would have to earn the right to have an opinion..not based on
observation..but based on "doing"..again..another cultural
difference...Yes, I have seen American dogs who did not embody what I would
consider ideal in both structure and temperament..and I have seen and owned
import lines that do not embody the ideal either. C.Grainger