[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: NEW STUD DOGS to CT

  • From: "EDEN HALL" <GSDHALLMARK@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:58:08 -0800

I don't respond too often, but this topic kills me.  Above all, I thought this
was an information sharing list.  It just sounds like folks are a little
threatened about a good German dog, whether it be an import or bred in America
w/ German lines.
Shouldn't folks be excited when someone has seen a new gorgeous stud dog, so
much so that they want to share?  Shouldn't we all want to know what's out
there?  Does it really matter if it's German?  There are some very exciting
things happening w/ German dogs, very exciting.  No, not the no-necked, hump
backed kind of dog, either.  There are some ABSOLUTELY gorgeous American type
German dogs being bred here in this country and coming in.  Some of these dogs
are crossing absolutely beautiful w/ the American bitches.  They are bringing
in temperament, feet and health.  The progeny from Germ/Amer litters are
producing beautifully the 2nd generation as well when bred back to Amer. dogs.

1st Generation-Look at Little Nero, Marky Mark, Ch. Cathin's Azeri Hallmark, BP
5 times out of 7 Cathin's Caliente Hallmark, Ch. Kingswood's Tanzanite, plus
another in Colorado to be finished w/n the next month or so.  This is just w/n
the last few years and there are more.  Yasko is here in this country for a
year and don't think we won't be bringing something to him!

I know a lot of folks don't want to take the chance or especially the time to
talk w/ people who are in the know on such things and that's a shame.  There
are people around who know German pedigrees and would be happy to help answer
questions.  Actually, some of these crosses are working out so beautifully
because folks are taking a great deal of time in selecting the German stud
dogs.

I'm not promoting German v American dogs here because I love them both, we have
them both so don't get after me for this.  Granted, I don't like all European
dogs and it takes a going through many to find the few, but wow, those few blow
me away!  It is so worth the time and effort to find such animals.

I'm just saying I don't get why this topic causes such a reaction.  As
breeders, we should welcome someone saying they saw a beautiful new dog hit the
area.  'Outcross' isn't a bad word and either is 'competition'.

Edie

Hallmark German Shepherds
'The Best of Both Worlds'
Top American And German Lines