[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: NEW STUD DOGS to CT

  • From: WyMarGSD2@xxxxxxx
  • To: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx, campaigners@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:23:46 EST

In a message dated 12/15/2004 12:03:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx writes:
> But  I am also well aware that this is Strictly an American Bred AKC List.
> .Strictly for American Bred Shepherds..
> It was developed and designed and maintained for that purpose.
> To mention a German  Import or one  from any   Foreign country is to cause
> an uproar.. and lots of hurt  feelings and animosity and further separates
> all
> of us and doesn't help anyone. Most of all our German Shepherd Breed.
>
> The Foreign Imports, especially from Germany are NOT  Welcome on this List.
> Therefor it is my advice to take all the information and interest
> elsewhere..

Hi Barb  :)
i never knew that.  so those of us, who love American bred/line GSD that are
AKC standard, who are looking to strengthen their lines by adding
German/Spanish/Italian etc.. bloodlines for whatever reason, really have no
right being
here?  Suppose we show in the AKC venue?  I know its not your rule Barb  :)
just trying to clarify this because i honestly didnt read that anywhere prior..
but i am not medicated to focus fully so i could have missed this  <laffin>

There are so many breeders on here that i have met be it private email, post
here etc.. who are really looking to add something that the bloodlines from
"not AKC/Am Breds" are able to provide.   they have  every intention to
continue
showing in the AKC ring too.   i will ALWAYS  have American lines, American
Bred Shepherds.  I am doing something that most probably dont do, use a
German/Italian/Denmark bloodline female breeding to a full 100% Americane male.
 Mind
you these males i have in mind are solid temperament and have very solid
minds, are strong males with higher drives and lots of bone and correct
instructure etc.... i think this will compliment what my "north american"
appearing
german girl has  :)     thats what i love about her.. now i bet her breeders
may
not like me saying that she looks "NA" but she does thats why i got her to
create a line like my Am Breds dam side, and compliment this awesome tempermant
and mind, adding some things to him i would like to see inregards to structure
and adding more drive and pigment thus utilizing the "outside" lines.

I appreciate your input and LOVE the idea for the email list  :)   keep me
posted!!!!

Dawnmarie