[rollei_list] Re: Retro: Back to the Past!

  • From: "jayers" <jayers@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 20:30:57 -0700

Check out www.123di.com  this may help you to understand how all this works.
Also you might also want to check out www.viewscan.com this software can
improve your scanning ability. In the end you might find your dark room more
satisfying. I have a B&W lab where I can quickly process film, and make
prints which fulfills my creative vision.
I have spent some time with Photo shop7, film scanners, digital cameras, and
printers. It has not been an easy transition by any means, not to mention
the costs involved. I have not been able to match the quality of the Pro
color lab I use in Santa Rosa, CA. I would have continued with the color
side of my lab, but I never have created enough daily volume to maintain
calibration and the cost of chemistry.
Jonathan