[pure-silver] Re: Light Leaks with Large Format

  • From: Peter De Smidt <pdesmidt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 09:43:54 -0800

Howard Efner wrote:

I also think that a replacement is unavoidable, even that it is costly.

Two other possibilities for bellows are Turner Bellows (Rochester NY) and Western Bellows. I remember that Richard K has posted contact info previously for these firms. Universal Bellows appears to be out of business.

I'm not a fan of Western Bellows. While the bellows are OK, I had a bad experience with them. I don't know about Turner Bellows. The bellows for a Linhof need to be very thin and flexible. I've heard of people who got the bellows re-done only to not be able to close the camera. For a Linhof, I'd only recommend Linhof or Camera Bellows. Plus in Ralph's case Camera Bellows does not require a trans-atlantic shipment.

-Peter De Smidt