[pure-silver] Re: Light Leaks with Large Format

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 23:13:05 +0100

Frank

You got a good point there.

I will repair them just to try that, but new once should be made from a
different material, they should be made by Camera Bellows and maybe they
should be of a different design.

The current double-tapered bellows are too thick, squeeze together too tight
and are consequently overburdened. I think the reason for the double-taper
was rigidity, but I think that the new bellows materials used by Camera
Bellows are more rigid anyway. Why not use single-tapered bellows, which
makes it cheaper, and while at a re-design, drop a few folds, losing a bit
of extension but gaining a lot durability?

I can discuss this with Camera Bellows tomorrow. And I will tell Linhof too!

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com