[pure-silver] Re: Light Leaks with Large Format

  • From: Peter De Smidt <pdesmidt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 09:05:43 -0800

Hi Ralph,

Since your bellows has a good number of pinholes, I'd look at replacing it. Even if you seal all of the current holes without making the bellows too stiff, you'll probably be getting new ones. That said, as you've noticed, pinholes don't necessarily let in all that much light. You might try draping your focusing cloth over your bellows when you're about to shoot, especially if you're racking out the bellows quite a bit. Still, given how valuable your time is, it really isn't worth the risk. See how much Camera Bellows in the UK would charge you. I believe they make Linhof's bellows, and they did a fine job on a bellows for my Linhoff III, which is long gone.

-Peter De Smidt